Blackboard 9.1: Exporting my course
How do I “Export” my course?
“Exporting” your course is a very effective way of retain the materials you used for your course. Exporting your course will capture some student activity. For example ” Exporting” a course will rename the student authors in the discussion boards to “Anonymous,” but “Archiving” will retain the student names. Also, Exporting a course will not download the GradeCenter. That is a separate process. The VCCS backs up the Blackboard server regularly to allow restoration of all courses in the event of a catastrophic failure. If needed and depending on the time frame, Faculty can request an archived to be restored.
How to Export a copy of your course
- In the Control Panel area, click on Packages and Utilities.
- Click on Export/Archive Course.
- Click Export for a copy of all course materials (except students).
- Do not change the default settings for Option 2 “File Attachments.”
5. Select all areas to be included in Option 3 “Select Course Materials.”
6. You will receive an email message stating that the process has been completed.
7. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to access the .zip file. Click on the file and save it to your desktop. Then copy the .zip package to a safe place such as a CD. Do not select the option to automatically open the .zip file. Only a Blackboard system administrator can restore the data from your archive.
The “Archive” is no longer functional for faculty even though the option is still visible.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.